Mevagissey Railway Modelling Competition
Diorama in a Ferrero Rocher box!
- Details of a new competition will be announced presently
Used Ferrero Rocher boxes make handy little display cases for small models or cameo scenes and such a project is small enough to be easily achievable for a simple model and yet provides scope for the more experienced modeller to produce something highly detailed in miniature.
So, treat yourself to some posh chocolates - but don’t throw away the box!! Any size or shape of Ferrero Rocher box can be used to make a model scene with a railway theme and the only limit is the imagination - and the size of the box! The best entries received can be seen on display at the World of Model Railways.
For a numbered entry form e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send an s.a.e. to our address above.
Rules of the competition:
1. The model is to be built in a Ferrero Rocher chocolate box. Any size or shape of box may be used and the model can be made to any scale provided that it fits within a single box with the lid closed. The diorama may include figures and kits, or parts from kits and models, but the overall creation must be the individual modeller’s own work.
2. Each person may enter as many models as they wish. Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form. Each entry will be allocated a unique entry number upon receipt, so that the identities of entrants will be anonymous to the judges.
3. The closing date for entries is 31st mmm 201x.
4. Entrants are responsible for the safe delivery of their model to the World of Model Railways - robust box and ample shock-absorbing material are recommended if the model is sent in by post.
5. All entries will be eligible for display at the World of Model Railways for up to 12 months from the closing date and entrants agree that their diorama may be retained for this period. All entrants whose diorama is chosen for display will be notified and they will be entitled to free entry to the exhibition at the World of Model Railways whilst their model is on display. Any entry not retained for display and which is to be returned to the entrant will be despatched as soon as possible after the competition has ended.
6. Where an entrant requires the return of their diorama after the competition, sufficient postage must be enclosed and the model will be returned in the original packaging in which it was delivered. Alternatively, models may be collected during normal opening hours - in this case advance notice should be given to ensure that we have the model to hand in the shop.
7. All reasonable care will be taken of entries, however, the World of Model Railways shall not be responsible for loss or damage during transit, display, or storage, howsoever caused. If any model is received which has been damaged in transit, then if a simple repair is possible it will be carried out on the entrant’s behalf prior to judging, otherwise any more serious damage will be notified to the entrant.
8. Competition entry categories:
Junior - entrants under 11 years of age as at 31st mmm 201x
Secondary - entrants under 18 years of age as at 31st mmm 201x
Adult - entrants 18 years of age or over as at 31st mmm 201x
Professional - a separate category for anyone working as a model-maker or within
the modelling trade (in order to avoid their exclusion or create unfair
competition with hobbyists).
9. A winner and a runner-up prize will be awarded for each category, and an overall winner will be chosen from the first three categories. The judges at their discretion may also issue commendations for excellence. Professional category entrants entries may enclose a business card for their services to be placed with their model if chosen for public display.
10. The prizes to be awarded for the winner of each category shall be a £50 voucher for models stocked at Mevagissey for the winner and a £25 voucher for the runner-up. The overall winner shall also be awarded a £50 voucher. All entrants awarded a prize shall also be provided with a winner’s certificate.
11. The judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.